Cultural holiday

Dream vacation



Rovigo lives nestled in the heart of the Polesine and is caressed by the sea breeze that comes from the nearby Po Delta. Less flashy than other towns of the region, is a discovery for many artistic, cultural and environmental.

The architectural remains found along the streets tell of a city founded as a fief that in the medieval period is enriched in monuments and palaces. The most notable is the Donà Tower, the emblem of the city, and the Mozza Tower, remnants of medieval fortification.

A report, however, the presence of the Most Serene Republic, in the city center we find the Mansion Roncale and Palazzo Roverella. The latter building, now restored, is the new home of the gallery 'Academy of Concordi, one of the most important in the Veneto and place of prestigious contemporary exhibitions.

Of particular interest is the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Salvation, called the Rotunda for its octagonal plan, which is accompanied by the bell tower of Longhena. Not far away stands the Duomo, another religious building that preserves the architectural features of Baroque art. For those looking for a quiet place, you can visit the Olivetan Monastery of San Bartolomeo, an 'oasis of peace for a contemplative pause. To know Rovigo and its traditions is a must, finally, a visit to the Museum of the Great Rivers, dedicated to the history of the peasant civilization suspended between land and water, but always linked to the rhythms of the river Po and the nearby sea.

Noteworthy is the polesano village of Fratta Polesine, with villas, where you can visit, among others, Villa Badoer, designed by Andrea Palladio, and the abbey of Vangadizza, Badia Polesine.


Located in the Po Delta area between Rovigo and the sea, Adria was the town that imposed its name to the Adriatic Sea. But now coming to Adria are two colors that stand out against the landscape: the blue of the canals and streams and green fertile fields. In the middle, a small pretty town whose symbol is the beautiful and picturesque rivers, ideal backdrop for quiet walks accompanied by the slow flow of water. The center is built around Piazza Garibaldi also known as Piazza "Castello", overlooked by the old Cathedral, Clock Palace, built on the municipal headquarters, and other historic buildings. While the new Cathedral dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul contains a striking reproduction of the grotto of Lourdes
To visit: the National Archaeological Museum, which exhibits historical artifacts - tools and ceramics - the Iron Age; the Municipal Theatre which for nearly a century gives a calendar of appointments and always interesting lyrical prose; the ancient Basilica Santa Maria Assunta of the tomb, which dates back to the early centuries of the Christian era; Villa patrons, now home of the conservatory, a country once part of a vast agricultural estate; Villa Salvagnini and for those looking for a scenic place to take a quiet walk the Scarpari Gardens are a must-see.

Also important to the Autodromo ADRIA l'Autodromo - Adria International Raceway.

Abano Terme


Abano Terme, one of the oldest and most important spa centers in Europe, situated in an idyllic location at the foot of the Euganean Hills and in the center of the Veneto. The town presents itself to visitors in all its elegance, with new buildings surrounded by public and private green: flower beds, squares, fountains, parks and wide avenues give it a pleasant and characteristic appearance of a garden city. At the center of the spa area is the elegant pedestrian street, completely paved in stone which is overlooked by some of the leading hotels, the most exclusive shops, public gardens, the Kursaal and the Teatro Congressi.


In neighboring Este they go out into the plain the last undulations of the Euganean Hills. The architectural imprint is given by the Castle of the Carraresi (1339-40), the place where the noble Venetian families chose to "stay in villa"
Within the walls of the castle it is now a public garden, at the entrance of which a sixteenth-century palace houses the National Museum Atestino, important archaeological collection, with pre-Roman and Roman sections. The first contains prehistoric collections that offer a picture of the ancient Venetian civilization, the second contains inscriptions, mosaics, architectural remains, sculptures, glass.
In the Cathedral, rebuilt after the earthquake of 1688, various works of painting and sculpture, including the apse a large canvas by Tiepolo (Santa Tecla free Este from the plague of 1630).
The round of Este is completed with a walk in the central Piazza Maggiore, which branches to the southwest the wide Via Matteotti (almost a square too), at whose southern end is the Door or Old Town Tower.

Arquà Petrarca


Arquà Petrarca is a medieval village that still holds the charm of the past and is considered the pearl of the Euganean Hills.
Inhabited since Roman times, it acquired importance after Francesco Petrarca, the great poet of the Italian tongue, wished to spend the last years of his life in the serene quietness of the place. The country preserves the house and the grave with the remains. The reference to the memory of the poet favored in the successive centuries the spring of houses and villas of many Venetian families, which constitute today the artistic and architectural heritage worthy of being visited and revisited with religious attention. The recent interventions, whose efforts were aimed at the conservation and enhancement of the historical and natural heritage, have borne fruit, and today the city of Arquà Petrarca was admitted to the exclusive club of the Most Beautiful Villages of Italy and received the 'election as the flag of the Touring Club Orange. Besides the historical aspect of nature were also made significant investments in the promotion of local products especially Olive Oil so that brought the village to join the National Association of Oil City.


The historic city center is one of the best preserved medieval cities, characterized by a large number of monuments, palaces, historic churches and streets, to start from the Estense Castle, in a square plan brick building with four defensive towers and turrets It surrounded by a moat filled with water making it to this day, one of the last European castles surrounded by a moat. Among the historic buildings are: Palazzo dei Diamanti, Schifanoia Palace, the home of Ludovico Ariosto.
Among the main events of Ferrara we are:

The Ferrara Buskers Festival is a review of the best musicians and street artists from around the world who perform in the streets and squares of the old town, the last week of August, is transformed into splendid stage for familiar sounds or distant and for "virtuous" original instruments.

Ferrara Balloon Festival: In the second half of September takes place this important event dedicated to the world of air and ballooning. A unique opportunity for children and families, to enjoy the spectacle of the preparation of the balloons or to live as protagonists the thrill of free flight.


A route to be followed on foot in a day will allow you to discover one of the culturally and economically most dynamic centers of Italy:

It start from where you can admire Piazza Eremitani the Scrovegni Chapel greatest masterpiece of Giotto; next to the Chapel stand the Eremitani Museums (archaeological section and art gallery with works from '300 to' 700), the Church of the Hermits (with Guariento, Giusto de 'Menabuoi and Andrea Mantegna) and home to the Museum of Palazzo Zuckermann 'Applied and Decorative Arts and the Bottacin Collection. We advise you to book your visit to the Scrovegni Chapel with at least 48 hours in advance (for groups booking is mandatory). It continues in the city heart.

After passing the medieval Altinate door it leads to the Caffe 'Pedrocchi, one of the most famous historical places of Italy. Pedrocchi is located opposite the University the Bo', one of the oldest in Europe with the famous Anatomical Theatre and the chair of Galileo Galilei.

The tour continues in the beautiful squares of herbs, of Fruits and Gentlemen, home to a raucous and ancient newspaper market dominated by the Palazzo della Ragione. From the elegant Piazza dei Signori, characterized by white palace Capitanio with triumphal arch and ancient Astrario clock, in a few minutes you reach the Duomo Cathedral with the precious Baptistery guardian of beautiful frescoes by Giusto de 'Menabuoi. Do not miss a visit to the Diocesan Museum: built in the ancient Bishop's Palace, preserves valuable works of painting, sculpture and jewelery, much of the rich Treasure of the cathedral, holy vestments, illuminated manuscripts and incunabula. The visit includes the Chapel of Santa Maria degli Angeli, with frescoes of the late fifteenth century, and the magnificent Bishops Hall.
Soncin along Via and Via S. Canziano returns to Piazza Antenore where there is the monument that the Renaissance poet Lovato de 'Lovati pointed as grave Trojan hero Antenor, the legendary founder of Padua, and not far Zabarella Palace, former home Carrarese now the prestigious venue for exhibitions and events. Via del Santo leads to the Basilica del Santo, the temple of faith and a treasure trove of works of art, each year attracts millions of pilgrims and tourists.

Around the Basilica arise other famous monuments such as the statue of Gattamelata by Donatello, the Oratory of St George masterpiece of the fourteenth century, the Antonian Museums and the Scuola del Santo. Not far from the Basilica, at the end of Via Cesarotti, stands the monumental complex of Loggia and Odeo Cornaro, wonderful examples of Renaissance architecture in Padua. Returning to Piazza del Santo takes the path where is the Europe's oldest university botanical garden founded in 1545, and shortly afterwards "Lawn of the monumental elliptical square" Valley, overlooked by many historical buildings, old buildings, including Palazzo Angeli which houses the Museum of Precinema and, on the south side, the Basilica of San Giustina, one of the largest in Europe.


The Venetian town of Montagnana, in the province of Padua, is famous for its intact city walls with battlements Guelph, which draw a regular rectangle and rise above the green grass of the ditch. The square is the heart of the social life of the town, is the undisputed champion Cathedral. In addition the city is crowned by a series of important civic buildings, much of eighteenth-century Venetian style bill. Among them the headquarters of the Monte di Pietà, Palazzo Valeri and of palace, with typical Venetian chimneys.
Novencentesco instead the building of the Savings Bank, an architecture rather heavy in imitation of the medieval castle forms.
At the center of the square he towered the column with the Lion of St. Mark, the gift of the dominant Serenissima. It was demolished by order of Napoleon and replaced in 1881 with the statue of Vittorio Emanuele.



Mantova offers visitors the chance to travel through the Etruscan and Renaissance history whose testimony is alive in the buildings and monuments that make it a city of art. The Bonacolsi palace, the Palazzo del Podesta, the Palazzo della Ragione, the church of San Lorenzo (the "Rotonda") and the Gradaro church were built just during the communal period and the brief period of rule of Bonacolsi. Under the Gonzaga family it was instead erected the Ducal Palace: one of the most extensive and elaborate palaces in Italy. Inside corridors and tunnels connecting several buildings; among them, the castle of St. George, which houses the Chamber of the spouses with the lives of Gonzaga painted by Mantegna. The wing called "new Court" and "Country" are the work of Roman Giulio.

Also worth seeing is the Museo di Palazzo Ducale, which houses the Sinopias room, the courtyard of the Riding School and the Chamber of spouses.
The Palazzo you, built by G. Romano, was the house of pleasure and the summer residence of Gonzaga, an environment dedicated to parties, ceremonies, and large receptions.
Renaissance and classical style, the building has a square plan, and its interior is decorated with precious frescoes and stucco and arcades, courtyards and gardens that show an inspiration to Bramante and Michelangelo.

Piazza delle Erbe is named after the fruit and vegetable market that has always hosted. To his right, the Clock Tower and the Romanesque church called Rotonda di San Lorenzo.
The Piazza delle Erbe is Piazza Mantegna, on which stands the largest church in the city, the Basilica of Saint Andrew: designed by Leon Battista Alberti is a top expressions of Renaissance art. The basilica has a facade of classic style with a majestic arch, and on the left side, a Gothic tower dating back to 1413.
Via Acerbi 47 you will then find the Casa del Mantegna was appointed court painter in 1547 by the Marquis Ludovico Gonzaga. Today is mainly home to exhibitions.

Lago di Garda

For those who will stay long in our country should visit the Lake Garda, a short drive away.

Lake Garda, gives you a corner of the Mediterranean in the south, flat and embraced by the gentle slopes of the Olive Riviera, but changes surprisingly few kilometers north, dominated by the high peaks of Mount Baldo, narrowing and assuming the form of a fjord.